Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

26.9.11

VA - Stoner's Forgotten Children - Stone The Show


Here are the tracks I played in my last radio show on Downtuned Radio. As the title states, the tunes are from forgotten stoner rock bands (or quite relevant to it) from the '91 - '01 era. Most of them have released 1 or 2 records and that's it. Few of these bands' work are already posted here. The rest will be uploaded these days. Next to each song in the tracklist below, I'll put a link which is going to link in a blog's post where you can find the album/ep etc. I'll updated it until all records are up. I hope you'll enjoy it!


Tracklist:
01. El Diablo - Huautla
02. Gammera - Angelburner / Get It!
03. Lid - Lid / Get It!
04. Solarfeast - My Spotted Pony / Get It!
05. Olivelawn - Hate / Get It!
06. Chrome Locust - Heavy Medication / Get It!
07. Candybar Planet - Dirttrack / Get It!
08. Ultimate Dragons - Necron 99 / Get It!
09. Fandango - Sweet Tumble
10. Ridge - Avalanche / Get It!
11. Solarized - Nebula Mask / Get It!
12. Southfork - Space Revolution
13. Drag Pack - Johnny's Last Race
14. Roachpowder - All Hail And Kneel Before Me / Get It!
15. Maurfahr - Better Be / Get It!
16. Remuda Dust - Superhighway / Get It!
17. System 13 - Red Rocket / Get It!
18. Bozeman's Simplex - Come / Get It!
19. Shallow - The Bard / Get It!
20. Sub Second Rocket - Blue Fox / Get It!
21. Datura - Sunshine In Purple
22. Core - Way Down / Get It!
23. Scene Killer - Pit Of The Soul / Get It!
24. Terra Firma - Ground Man / Get It!
25. Rotors To Rust - All That's Heavy / Get It!
26. Sunwheel Power Express - Doin' 65 / Get It!
27. Shoo Rah - Whirl / Get It!
28. Littlesunz - Chrome Highway
29. 7Zuma7 - Fistful Of Dolls
30. Floodgate - Whole / Get It!

6 comments:

  1. Hey, this seems such an awesome playlist ... \m/
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always my pleasure! I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you forgot Invisible Orange and Activator^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks mate! I didn't forget them but their works weren't in the time period I played.

    ReplyDelete