Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

9.9.11

Some cool videos I received through time....

From time to time I get in my mail some videos from bands. Usually I didn't have the time to write about them but I checked them and put them aside in order to post them... For now check the first four by Whorediezel, Goliathon, Flower Eaters and Speak See Remember. Cheers!
WHOREDIEZEL

First one is Whorediezel "Acid Blaze". Whorediezel is a new project by Aiwass from the mighty Urania. It's close to Urania's style, fully instrumental and great as I expected. The combo music+video is a fantastic one. Check also Whorediezel's other video.
Thanks to Nicodamien from Stoner Blog Hungary for bringing this up.


GOLIATHON

The second one comes from Goliathon, a progressive rock band from Indianapolis. In 2010 they released their debut album "Without Further Ado" which you can hear it through their website and now they're in the writing process for their new work. Great stuff (love the sax!).
Website # Facebook


FLOWER EATERS

Flower Eaters was born from the ashes of the London based band The Unlimited Dream Company in 2009. Thomas Perryman (English/Dutch) and Leo Perez (Venezuelan), both sound engineers, decided to keep playing together as a duo, with Perryman on guitar and Perez on drums. Pursuing a heavy interest in synthesisers and computer music, Perryman wanted to include it in the compositions, and set out to write music based on a line-up of guitar, drums with a synth backing. Although it started off with controlling four synthesisers on stage, this proved too much of a hassle, and a backing track was made. But the aesthetic of the music was already captured by the idea of each synth acting as an individual voice; at times working together, and at others creating contrapuntal textures. Modern music with Baroque techniques and an emphasis on melodic lines that meander and surprise. Hard rock that is at its heart progressive and organic, a little bit of jazz and funk on the side, and always psychedelic.
I really like the song (combined with the video is much better!) and I expect their album "The Spectre Loiters" which will be released in the 20th of October.


SPEAK SEE REMEMBER

The last one comes from a band called Speak See Remember. I must be honest. This isn't the kind of music I'm fond of but it doesn't mean it isn't good and many of you will like it. SSS is a project by Pelle Willumsen and I would describe it quoting him as folk-pop-groove-rock in the style of Ray Charles and John Mayer. This video was recorded at Roskilde Festival 2010. Visit their website to check their whole album.

No comments:

Post a Comment