Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

14.9.11

Baby Woodrose - Mindblowing Seeds And Disconnected Flowers (2011)


Here is a collection that Lorenzo Woodrose released for the 10th year anniversary of Bad Afro Records. The album features 15 tracks of mind blowing 60's psych garage revival. Most of them are early demo cuts that Lorenzo recorded back in 1999 (almost after he left On Trial) and which eventually ended up in "Blows Your Mind". Also some unreleased tracks are included as "Gonna Get You Down" and "Run Little Girl". Although it's a collection, it sounds like a whole new album. To be honest I liked many of these alternate editions even more from the "originals", 'cause they're really make you feel what Baby Woodrose stands for and that means RAW energy! And I'm sure that all you vintage-lovers won't stop listening to it again and again. It's a release you should own and with an artwork like this, the temptation to have it growing up even more...

No comments:

Post a Comment