Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

4.8.11

Rock Trips Mixtape Vol. 1


A good friend of mine, Sakis, is the man behind a radio show called "Rock Trips" in a Greek local radio station. His show is on air every Monday at 22.00 - 00.00 (GMT +3) and you can hear it online here.
For almost a month now we're helping and supporting each other, I join the show sometimes, he contributes to the blog with some albums and so on... So we decided to make a 2-hour compilation containing the tunes played in every week's show.
Here is the first one, hope you like it and maybe check the show once in a while (although the speaking language is Greek, music is always music!). Cheers!

Tracklist:
01. The Beginning - The Ju Ju Man 
02. Nebula - Carpe Diem 
03. The Fall - Funnel Of Love (Wanda Jackson Cover) 
04. My Sleeping Karma - Glow11 
05. Dub Trio - Screaming At The Sea
06. Primus - Kalamazoo 
07. Cactus Jumper - Right Way
08. Glowsun - Virus
09. Pearl Jam - Rearviewmirror 
10. Wooden Shjips - Looking Out 
11. Citadelle - Winter's Talk 
12. Het Droste Effect - Lollita Can Dance 
13. Planet Of Zeus - Macho Libre 
14. Motorpsycho - Young Man Blues 
15. Marble Sheep - Fla Fla Heaven 
16. The Heavy Eyes - In Need 
17. Lumerians - Burning Mirrors
18. Liquid Sound Company - Agitation Free
19. The Kills - Hitched 
20. Witchcraft - Witchcraft 
21. The Jacks - Blackula
22. The Psykicks - Once Upon A Time 
23. Lunar Dunes - The Todal Gleeps



No comments:

Post a Comment