Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

12.7.11

Skraeckoedlan - Äppelträdet (2011)


As far as I'm concerned Transubstans Recs. has became through time a great label, releasing at least decent works. You should check out their catalogue. Äppelträdet is one of these great releases. Coming from Sweden, Skraeckoedlan is a heavy rock quartet formed in 2009. They released a five track demo in 2009 and almost a month ago they brought up in surface their mighty debut album.

Äppelträdet is a solid stoner sledgehammer, grooving up the place with this vintage rock feeling that Swedish got us used to. Their sound is more close to The Sword or Dozer than Graveyard but you can feel the 70's touch from beginning 'til the end. Mid-tempo heavy tunes with high-energy bursts and some quite progressive breaks when you need them. Vocals are in Swedish which was a good choice in my opinion and make music's flow even better. Fans of retro-stoner riffing who think Sweden as their music's motherland won't get disappointed.
*Thanks to Psymin for his suggestion.


Enjoy!
MySpace # Facebook # Buy

Take A Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment