Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

14.6.11

Umor - Pralayaah (2011)


This is quite an astonishing release coming from Croatia and it's Umor's first full length album, released by a DIY collective called "Sonic Doom Records". Their music is an interesting (and successful) blend of doom slothfulness, sludge heaviness, post rock atmosphere and stoner grooves. Of course many have tried it but the result wasn't always as good as this one.

"Vile" starts as an epic sludge tune which leads to a space delirium. "One" takes more psychedelic paths and has some great guitar riffs in it. "Mountains of The Wolf" continues the same way but in a more ambient atmosphere where ceremonial drumming and distant guitar tunes make the difference.

The two last tracks "Exposure" and "Silent Key - The Sign" (almost 18min each) are my favorites and I think the record's highlights. The doom influences are more obvious here, riffs are monolithic and slow-heavy as hell, while excellent pounding drumming comes to make the atmosphere thicker and darker. The vocals in all tracks are ritual, haunting and manage to express a kind of silent anger coming from the depths of Goran's soul.

These guys are definitely talented and they prove it with "Pralayaah". In my opinion it's a "don't miss" album and I highly recommend it to all. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

You can download it from their bandcamp page and pay what you want. You will also find their s/t EP and the split with Cojones.

MySpace # Website

Take A Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment