Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

24.5.11

Los Disidentes del Sucio Motel - Soundtrack From The Motion Picture (2010)


I have to say that I liked these guys from the moment I saw their artwork. I liked the whole action movie concept at their album's cover, title etc.Then, I put the album on and an action movie came out of my speakers. A pure heavy rock blast! Damn this is goood!

"Soundtrack from the motion picture" is LDDSM's first full album. Coming from France, this 5-piece definitely know how high-voltage rock must be played. Following the way of Queens of the Stone Age (but quite heavier), taking the fuzz fury of Fu Manchu and Dozer's vibes, they managed to create a solid 12-track album which totally keeps you from start until the end.

The riffs spreading all over the place, it has a great groovy steady rhythm and rock'n'roll keyboards give an awesome touch (in parts, I would like to hear some more of them). Personally I loved "Brotherhood", "Backdoor Woman" which has a nice addition of female vocals in it (would like to hear some more as well),  "No Pity For The Cheaters" as well as "Somewhere Else To Drive" which is a country/bluesy track, where they probably show their love to Johny Cash...

Overall, it is a completely fine album with good production, fast and catchy tunes and surely you're going to hear it again and again. Only one suggestion, as a listener I think that needs more and thicker bass especially at some points. But this doesn't change album's value. Excellent first release! Check it out.

Website
MySpace

Take A Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment