Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

25.5.11

Fister / The Lion's Daughter - And Their Masters Bled For Days (2011)


A brand new 12" split which just came out, featuring Fister and The Lion's Daughter. First of all, I loved the artwork (created by Coby Ellison) and I would check this release only for that even if I didn't have any further info.

It contains 7 tracks, three by Fister and four by The Lion's Daughter. Fister was mentioned before in Stoned Sun Vibrations, when they released "Bronsonic" (a fine piece of sludge/doom). So, in this split I found all the things I liked about them. Thick and swampish sludge with monolithic riffs violating your brain cells. Add some muddy raw vocals and a bass tuned as bottom as the depths of hell and you have Fister.

Now as for The Lion's Daughter, I didn't have the chance to hear them since now so it's my first contact with their work. As Fister, they're from St.Louis Missouri and from what I found they have one more release, a cassette titled "Forgotten Masters". I have to say that I liked them even if they aren't in my usual kind of listenings. Faster, more up-tempo and aggressive from Fister but raw, heavy and muddy as well. They're moving in crust paths with black metal influences (especially in the guitar's riffs). They fit me at all and surely I'll have them in mind from now on.

Overall, it's an awesome release that fans of heavy sound should not miss. The perfect soundtrack for human's savage insticts. Cheers!

*Thanks to Kenny from Fister for coming in touch


You can order it or download it (for free) from Pissfork's site or from bands' bandcamp pages (Fister / The Lion's Daughter)

The Lion's Daughter website # Fister website # Coby Ellison's Website

Take A Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment