Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

23.5.11

Denizen - Whispering Wild Stories (2011)


Coming from the South of France, Denizen bring us their third release "Whispering Wild Stories", two years after their second one. Although it's self-released, they managed to have Nick Zampiello and Rob Gonella in mastering (as in their previous album) who have also worked with bands like Keelhaul, Converge, Scissorfight which proved an excellent choice. The artwork was trusted to Jimbob Isaac (Taint's guitarist/vocalist).

Here we have a straight-in-your-face heavy rock album flavored with a pinch of hardcore attitude. The 70's feeling, especially in guitar riffing, is more obvious and I think the album has a more groovy vibe all over it. They also pay their tribute to their roots by covering Cream's "Sunshine Of Your Love" (which sounds goood if you ask me).

A great killer drunk-driven release which really rocks from the first minute 'til the end, blowing its energy all over the place. Just put it on and have a great time listening to it (a couple of beers will be welcome as well!). What more can you ask for? Cheers!
*Thanks to Colin from the band for coming in touch!

Enjoy!

Bandcamp # MySpace # Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment